I cannot begin to describe how crazy things have been in the last few months. To start, just a few days before my 29th birthday, we were surprised with the best news we've gotten all year... we're finally expecting our first little one to start building our family! For those of you who are exceptionally close to us, you know that this has been a dream we have struggled to bring to a reality. We have learned, however, that all of those who told us we would achieve what we wanted if we just stopped trying so hard were right! It just goes to show that miracles happen on their own time and nothing will force them, no matter how determined you may think you are.We are due to meet our little angel on May 24th, 2011 (although we all know that babies very rarely grace the world with their presence on the actual date they're expected).
As soon as I reached my second trimester, Brett and I made the decision to head out on our own and make a bold move (literally) back up to Washington. With some awesome help, what we could put in travel bags packed and our animals stuffed into my little PT Cruiser (which they were not impressed with, by the way) we made the trip back to the state we'd been missing so much. We decided along the way that the heavy snow in the mountains and constant winter rain in this area were not among the list of things we were thinking of when wanting to come back. Our amazing friend, Victoria, has been gracious in allowing us to stay with her and her three beautiful daughters while we start over in a familiar place. Employment and a new place of our own to live are among the things we are working on getting accomplished quickly to get the ball rolling on putting this new life of ours together.
Now that I'm officially 4 months along in this pregnancy I have found that I not only have more energy throughout the days, but my appetite has also increased... to nearly match that of my husband and maybe one of his sailor friends in one meal. My belly has been slowly forming into a round and warm incubator for baby as well as sticking out more obviously with the passing of each week. Some days, I already feel like a blimp so I cannot begin to imagine what this will be like in three or five months. I'm willing to bet that I will look back at this time as a restful and more peaceful time in the pregnancy, so I will continue to be grateful and merely describe rather than complain about the things that are rapidly changing within me. We should be able to find out the sex of our little one soon (hopefully as soon as I can get a new doctor and a new appointment scheduled) which is something we're both really looking forward to. I think the next milestone we'll both be talking about after that is when the baby will start kicking (which, I have to admit, will make this whole dream feel so much more real to me).
Alright, that's basically a quick summary of the major events that have at least lead up to right now. I will write more as the days go on to keep everyone updated at once (although I love hearing all of your voices, this is easier than 200 phone calls) and, please, feel free to let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know about. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment